VOSD Last Rites
If you are reading this you share an intense love for your animal companion. For you, a pet is not “just a dog” or a cat “just a cat” but a sibling or a child. They have added structure to your day, kept you active and social, helped you to overcome life’s setbacks and given your life meaning. When they pass on it is normal to feel deep grief and loss and depression, maybe even more than for any other human that you’ve loved.
The loss causes overwhelming pain and triggers all sorts of emotions. You grieve not only the loss of a companion but also the loss of a sibling, and child, the loss of your independence, or the loss of emotional support and the guilt of not doing more. The level of grief depends on your age and personality, years with your pet, and the circumstances of their death.
While VOSD can understand your loss the fact is that we can’t assuage your anguish. We can however help with acceptance and resolution with the VOSD Last Rites. This is based on the fact that rituals can help in the healing process. A funeral can help you and your family members openly express your feelings. It allows you to create a legacy for your beloved dog or cat. It helps you have the freedom to act away from people who think it’s inappropriate to hold a funeral for a pet and do what feels right for you.
How do you say goodbye?
You can choose to perform the Last Rites for your dog (or cat) at VOSD Sanctuary and Hospital, near Bangalore.
- We will provide doorstep pick up for you and your beloved pet dog's (or cat's) body to be brought to the VOSD Sanctuary. This service is available 24*7. After the cremation, you and your family will be dropped back home.
- Dogs (or Cats) can be cremated in our wood-fired closed crematorium 24*7
- Please note on a wood pyre, the cremation will take several hours. We will ensure you have a peaceful and comfortable stay with us at that time.
Stay Overnight at VOSD:
We will arrange for 2-3 people from your side to stay at the VOSD Sanctuary overnight in our guest house with an attached kitchenette. Simple, rural food preparation will be made. If you need any specific food items, please bring them along. Microwave/Gas is available in the kitchenette.
- We will give you a guided tour of the VOSD Sanctuary & Hospital where you will meet hundreds of our rescued dogs. Dogs that are blinded with acid, run over and paralysed, brutally assaulted, slashed with knives, and tied to train tracks – and they are all happy and healthy after finding refuge with us at the VOSD Sanctuary.
- To request the VOSD Last Rites service ( currently available only in Bangalore city) please call or send whatsapp message to: +91 90369 86247